black trenchcoats and cat shoes

She walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes: Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

I miss the big apple anime fest.

Seriously. So far there is no new news about what is going on this year. I'm actually upset about it. I had so much fun and met so many new people last time. Yes there are lots of other cons around the NYC area like in NJ and out on the Island but none could compare to the experience that was baaf. I guess maybe because of the tiney amount of space on each floor was the reason for such a tight knit bond between every one, especially the cosplayers. I am happy that I'll be going back to long island for college because now maybe I'll be able to go to more cons with my car and such. I'm defenetly thinking of making some stuff this summer and maybe selling it over ebay. I should start making use of my gothic and lolita pattern mag that I picked up at Icon and start making some stuff for the masses.

I also feel like I'm getting really desperate about getting out of here. I notice that I just can't stop thinking about leaving. I'm trying to keep up with my work but I'm getting so side tracked about how close it is. Also I'm bummed about I-con this year. I don't have a cos or a ride there and even if I did go it just would not be the same without a cos (as odd as that sounds). I really started thinking about designing a hunter cos from RO including an anamatronic falcon that would attatch to my shoulders. I have the resources, but I just hope I have the time. If I can get this whole anamatronic thing down I can start making little things to sell and flaunt at cons (Nina likes prize money). Maybe this is where I take after my uncal, making things to wear or for other people to ear and showing them for money. I defenetly need to look into a sewing and fabric design class. Maybe costume design is my calling...I hope that doesn't mean that I'd have to move to Cali. If I did would Dan come with me? I guess thats one of the things on my mind. I want to live with Dan but will my occupation effect us. I hope it doesn't. Maybe I'm thinking to far ahead. Maybe its my tummy rumbling? Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home